Step 1. Letter of Inquiry
Please first submit a letter of inquiry with a summary of your proposed project. Before submitting, please make sure you meet the basic requirements listed in the guidelines. If the proposed project fits the Believe in Reading funding priorities, you will be asked to submit a full application.
Step 2. Submit an Application
- The Believe in Reading grant application form.
- Proof of tax exempt status.
- A brief history of your organization including statistics of success for the specific program to be funded if the proposal is to fund a program already in place.
- Most recent audit, if available. (Not necessary for public or school library grant applicants.)
- Detailed organizational budgets for the past two years. (Not necessary for public or school library applicants.)
- Demographics (especially poverty level), and reading proficiency scores for the target population of the proposed project.
No grant application will be considered until all of the above materials have been received. Acceptable file types (extensions) are: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, odt, avi, ogg, m4a, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, wav, and wmv. Maximum file size is 1 MB. Please contact us via email if you need to submit documentation in a different form.